Watch the trailers to get a preview of this awesome novel!
Ways to Read & Expectations
Using the BNB books we have and your Chromebooks, you have many ways to read this wonderful story, set in the time of the Great Depression. Please read 1 chapter each day. If you don't finish 1 chapter at school, please read or finish reading that chapter at home.
You may read in the following ways:
1. Read to self with book.
2. Read to someone with book.
3. Listen to reading using the playlist below
and follow along in the book.
4. Read to self or someone while listening to the
playlist and following along in the book.
Snapshots of Each Chapter
Since you won't necessarily be reading each chapter with me, I need to make sure you are understanding what you are reading. Click on the image below to go to the Chapter Snapshot Google presentation template.
1) MAKE A COPY of the file.
2) Erase "Make a copy (your initials)" and replace with YOUR INITIALS.
3) Make sure the NEW DOCUMENT with your NEW FILE NAME is still inside MY BNB folder with your classmate documents and the original.
4) Be sure to LEAVE THE FIRST SLIDE BLANK so that it can always be your template.
5) Create a new slide for every chapter that you finish. Be sure to type what chapter the slide is reflecting.
About this Page:
As we travel through 4th grade, we use this page daily to navigate our learning. Mrs. Petlak will put instructions and links here.