TODAY, we are learning about ENDING personal narratives. Ending with a BANG is just as important as HOOKING your reader in the introduction or including juicy DETAILS.
- Check out the mentor texts for examples of ways to END a narrative below. Take notes on the strategies for each one.
- Then write an example of that strategy for YOUR OWN personal narrative ending.
REflective or Circular ending:
Wilfred Gordon McDonald Partridge
Hopes or Wishes Ending:
Moral / Lesson Learned Ending
Decision made Ending:
Saturdays & Teacakes
REflect & Plan for YOUR Ending
1. Write notes on the ENDING of each mentor text we explored.
2. Remember to look at the TYPE of ENDING for each mentor text.
3. Write an example of each strategy for YOUR OWN personal narrative ending.
4. Choose your FAVORITE ending for your own narrative writing.
5. Add that ending to your digital draft.