PARCC testing is next week....
Keep calm & carry on!
PARCC Dates and Structure
4th Grade 10:20-11:50
Tuesday, March 10th Math 1
Wednesday, March 11th Math 2
Thursday, March 12th ELA 1
Friday, March 13th ELA 2
Monday, March 16th ELA 3
March 17th - March 19th Make-Up
These dates and times are also posted on the homework calendar found on our "Off Road Research" web page.
Introduction to PARCC: Watch a student-created introduction to PARCC in both ENGLISH and SPANISH.
Have your children explore these QUICK TECH TIP TUTORIALS from another school district to aide them in navigating the technical aspects of the test, and to ease their nerves as well as answer technical questions.
Preparations @ School
Take the plunge....as PARENTS
PERSPECTIVE is one of our year-long thematic concepts....and this is a FANTASTIC way to give you some perspective on your child's experience next week. This will hopefully inform you as to the different technical, format-based, and content aspects of the assessments in order to give you new perspective on your child's experience next week.
Once you click on the test link above, scroll down and select Grade 4. Then, look under the PBA practice test section and select Computer Based Practice Test. You will be asked to enter your name, and then you will start your test.
We've got it covered...
- Brain breaks to energize
- Brain breaks to calm
- Water/snack breaks
- FUN science experiments during non-testing times
- Surprise goodies (SHHH! SECRET) throughout the week to pep up the students and brighten their days.
REminders for Next Week:
- Please encourage your students to do their best, but REMAIN CALM and NOT WORRY about the tests. We are ALREADY proud of them.
- Chromebooks will be left at school and plugged in here NIGHTLY, starting Monday.
- Homework will not be assigned during the week of the test.
- Please try to have your child go to bed early each night.
- Please make sure your child eats a healthy breakfast each morning.
- Please be sure to send a healthy snack and water bottle to school every day during testing.