First, THANK YOU to everyone for your patience and support while I was out of the classroom last week due to an upper respiratory infection combined with tracheitis. I'm finally starting to feel back to normal and appreciate your understanding. I know things are never optimal when the teacher is out of the classroom, but I received RAVE reviews about our students while I was gone, and we're getting back into the swing of things!! Since I've been out of commission for a while, I thought I'd write with a few updates and reminders:
1) Tomorrow is our field trip to the high school for the annual Halloween Concert!! 1) If you have not yet returned the permission slip, please send it in tomorrow OR email me permission for your child to attend. 2) PLEASE send coats, gloves, hats, etc, in case it is cold on our walk to the high school!
2) We are in DESPERATE NEED of ANTIBACTERIAL WIPES. If you have any at home to send, we'd be greatly appreciative!!!!
3) If you signed up to donate goodies for our Halloween Mad Science SPOOK-tacular (our party that is science learning in disguise--MWAHAHAHA--evil laugh), please send those items inTOMORROW (THURS) if at all possible. This allows me to take inventory and pick up any last minute items tomorrow night, if needed.
4) Be sure to check out our Class Dojo CLASS WALL! I post photos with quick captions about daily curricular happenings here instead of long blog posts, which I know most parents don't have time to read and digest. You'll get nice snapshots of what's going on in our room!
5) Similarly, please check out our Cruisin' Through Class page: You can see some AWESOME Halloween-themed learning that is fun, festive, and....RIGOROUS. Just ask your kiddos--We did a fairly simple close reading activity today, that stretched student learning! It may look simple...but it's not. #slowdownwhenreading #makeinferences #providetextevidence